How to temporarily deactivate an Instagram account. This tutorial teaches you how to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account which prevents your profile and posts from being viewed or searched without having to delete your account. This …
- Go to the Instagram website. It is located at https://www.instagram.com/. If you are already logged into Instagram, this will take you to your home page. If you’re not logged in, click Sign in at the bottom of the page, enter your username and password, and click Sign in.
- Click on the profile icon. It’s the person-shaped icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click Edit Profile. It’s just to the right of your username at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and click Temporarily deactivate my account. You will see this link on the bottom right hand side of the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
- Please provide a reason for deactivating your account. To do so, click on the box to the right of the title ‘Why are you deactivating your account?’ and then click a reason.
- Enter your Instagram password. Do so in the box to the right of the text ‘To continue, please re-enter your password’.
- Click Temporarily deactivate account. This button is at the bottom of the page.
- Click OK when prompted. Doing so will deactivate your account, closing your Instagram session on all your connected devices.