How to upload multiple videos on Instagram. Instagram is improving video sharing options, giving users more tools to upload increasingly long and complex videos. IOS users now have the ability to …
- Update Instagram to the latest version available. The Instagram update of March 31, 2016 (7.19) added again the ability to create a video on Instagram from multiple video clips. In addition, Instagram has started to develop the ability to send videos up to 60 seconds long, which is a significant improvement considering that the previous limit was 15 seconds. This feature is rolling out gradually and you may not be able to use it yet. You can check for available Instagram updates by opening the App Store and tapping the ‘Updates’ tab.
- Open the ‘Camera’ tab on Instagram and select ‘Library’. With the latest version of Instagram for iOS, you can now join multiple video clips that you have recorded with your iPhone. The total duration of these videos will be limited to 15 seconds, unless your application already allows the possibility of making videos of 60 seconds.
- Select the first clip you want to use and then tap ‘Next’. The filter selection will appear.
- Tap the scissors (trim) button at the top of the screen. A thumbnail of the currently selected clip will appear in the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the ‘+’ button on the timeline and select the second clip. The second click will appear in the timeline next to the original clip. You may find it difficult to create clips of many videos on older iOS devices, such as the iPhone 4S. Some users claim to have had problems on older devices when trying to add the second clip.
- Repeat the steps to add all the clips you want. Remember that the total limit for clips is 15 seconds or 60 seconds if your application already has this possibility enabled.
- Tap ‘Next’ to add filters, choose followers, and send the video just like any normal Instagram post. You can select any of the traditional functions, select the box you want to use for the thumbnail view, and choose how you want to share your video.
- Record a video of multiple clips with Instagram. You can use the built-in camera in the Instagram app to record a video of multiple clips: Open the ‘Camera’ tab in Instagram and select ‘Video’. Press and hold the ‘Record’ button to start recording the first clip. Release the button to stop recording. Press the button again to start recording the next clip. If you want to delete the last clip you recorded, tap ‘Delete’. You can record up to 15 seconds in total (60 if your Instagram app includes the new feature that allows longer videos). Tap ‘Next’ to add filters and choose followers just like you would in any common Instagram post.
- Update Instagram to the latest version available. While the iOS version of Instagram has incorporated the ability to create videos from multiple clips (see above), this feature is not yet available for Android. There is no release date for the Android version yet, but it would be nice to keep the app up to date to make sure you have access to the new features as soon as possible. Instagram videos are limited to 15 seconds in length, but Instagram developers are updating the service to allow videos up to 60 seconds long. Currently, this feature is very limited, but the new version is already gradually being distributed to some users.
- Download an app to edit videos. If you want to join several videos into one, you will have to download an application that allows you to edit and combine videos. Some of the most popular video editing applications are: Adobe Premiere Clip AndroVid MP4 Video Merger
- Merge the clips using your new video editing app. The process for editing videos can vary from one application to another, but in general all of them allow you to combine several videos into a single clip. Keep in mind that Instagram videos can have a maximum duration of 15 seconds, unless your account has the new 60 second time limit enabled.
- Add music (optional). Many video editing apps allow you to select a song from your library to add to the video. To be able to do this, the song file must be saved on your phone.
- Save the video. Most video editing apps don’t have Instagram sharing built in, unless it’s specially designed for use with Instagram. You will first have to save the combined video clip to your phone. If they let you choose, be sure to save the video to a common location on the phone, for example in the ‘Pictures’, ‘Downloads’ or ‘Videos’ folder.
- Open the ‘Camera’ tab on Instagram and select ‘Gallery’. All the images and videos that are saved on your device will appear. Your new video should appear at the top of the gallery.
- Touch the video you want to share. It will start playing on the screen.
- Tap the → button to add filters and make edits. Once you’ve selected the video, you can apply the standard Instagram edits, such as cropping or adding filters.
- When you’re done editing the video, tap the → button to share it. You can choose to share it with all your followers or send it to a specific user. You can also add a title and tags to it. Touch the ✓ button to share the video.
- Record a video of multiple clips with Instagram. You can use the built-in camera in the Instagram app to record a video of multiple clips: Open the ‘Camera’ tab on Instagram and select ‘Video’ at the bottom of the screen. Press and hold the ‘Record’ button to start recording the first clip. Release the record button when you want to finish the first clip. Press and hold the ‘Record’ button to start recording the second clip for the same video. Repeat the steps to record more clips. If you want to delete the last clip you recorded, tap ‘Delete’. You can record up to 15 seconds in total or 60 if your Instagram application includes the new feature that allows longer videos.