For the sake of visibility, traffic and audience expansion, your content marketing strategy must be deployed on different media: your website, your blog and your social networks.
In this article, we will focus on Instagram.
Whether you are an e-merchant or not, Instagram can bring you great visibility, and why not conversions. Indeed, 80% of users follow at least one brand, so why not yours? Another interesting statistic: 75% of users take action (visit a website for example).
Now that we’ve convinced you to use Instagram (at least we hope so), here are some tips for getting your content marketing strategy right.
1. Plan a unique strategy for Instagram
Each social network is different: by its audience, the way it works, the publication formats, etc. So you cannot duplicate your content strategy used on Twitter on Instagram, it will not work.
To get started, identify your target audience. Instagram users are quite young, under 35. Deepen your knowledge of your personas to know precisely their demographics, location, tastes, etc.
Then determine your goals by taking Instagram’s features into consideration. For example, if you want to generate leads, remember that it is not possible to add clickable links in your publications. You are only allowed one link in your bio.
You can then customize your publications based on this information. Moreover, here are the possible publication formats on Instagram:
- Photos : behind the scenes of your business or event, quote, photograph of your routine, etc.
- Vertical videos : especially on IGTV where you can post long videos
- Stories : in vertical format, you can publish a series of short photos and videos that will only be visible for 24 hours
In your Instagram content strategy, don’t forget to consider when to post your photos or videos. These depend on your target.
2. Use hashtags
Hashtags are essential to boost the visibility of your publications. Here are the ones you can use:
Hashtags with your brand name : These make it easier for people who know your brand to find you. Do not hesitate to create other hashtags with the name of your communication campaign or your event for example.
Community hashtags : allow users to follow posts for a specific topic, for example #contentmarketing
Final advice: Make sure your hashtags are consistent with the content of your post and don’t overdo it. No need to put out a list of 20 hashtags for your photo, limit yourself to a maximum of ten.
3. Humanize your publications
You might be tempted to just post photos of your products, but Instagram users love spontaneity.
So do not hesitate to pass in front of the objective by posting videos or photos behind the scenes of your company or of the highlights of your daily life. The livestream is also very popular. It can be a good solution for:
- Make use of customer interviews
- Capture a moment of your event
- Film an afternoon outing with your colleagues
To humanize your posts, another tip is to use the poll sticker. In your stories, you can question your community and show them that you care about them.
4. Focus on your followers
Precisely, your community and your Instagram followers, it is on them that you must concentrate. Obviously, you need to understand their expectations, as we touched on in the first point of this article.
But above all, you need to give them a reason to follow you:
- Fuel their creativity by encouraging your followers to generate content based on your products or posts you want to convey
- Create contests and encourage your community to share your posts
- Book specific discounts for your followers by setting up a unique promo code
- Show them how your products can help or benefit them
5. Add interactivity
In content marketing, there are three types of content: static, dynamic and interactive content. It is thanks to the latter that you can stand out on Instagram.
Interactivity is especially possible in stories thanks to the use of stickers. Codeur Mag has published an article on this subject by highlighting those that you can use to engage your community.
But keep in mind that it is possible to:
- Create a statement (particularly useful before an event or the launch of a product for example)
- Add an Emoji slider to assess how your community feels
- Allow users to ask you questions that you will answer later
- Allow users to select music they can listen to in the background of your post
6. Connect with micro-influencers
It’s impossible to talk about Instagram without mentioning micro-influencers . These mini web stars can be a springboard for your brand. So don’t neglect them in your content strategy, especially if you run an e-commerce.
A micro-influencer has a few thousand followers and is much more affordable in terms of budget. Thanks to him, you can deploy the visibility of your products to his community.
For this strategy to work, be sure to choose a micro-influencer related to your industry and who has a community similar to your target audience. Know that there are online solutions to help you find relevant micro-influencers for your brand.
Instagram needs to have a unique content marketing strategy. After identifying your target and your objectives, you can create various publications aimed at your followers.
To stand out from your competitors, do not hesitate to put yourself forward!